Wednesday 26 October 2011

Have you lost your very close parents to death when u were between the ages of 21-30?

if so please tell me:

What u might change if u could before their death

How u have been doing since their passing

Your age at the time of their death and your age now

What you have been doing to move on get thru it

what u felt when u first found out they were gone and what u continue to feel now.

Your gender (my wife think its harder on women)

I am asking this because my best friend and my wife just recently (about 5 months ago)lost her mother(they were very close) at the age of 23 she is having a very hard time i have been watching her in pain and have felt helpless Well the questions i am asking are the ones that she is having the toughest time with so i am looking to get a little info that she might be able to relate to and not feel so lonely The age limit has to do with her and her sisters ages so they that it will be more relatable to them.

Please only SERIOUS ans. from ppl (between the ages of 21-30) that have ACTUALLY had to deal with their own parents death

thanks
Have you lost your very close parents to death when u were between the ages of 21-30?
I lost my father at 20. I had left home knowing he was ill but not suspecting death-I don't think anyone was. My father didn't seem the type to be susceptible to death. He was part man, part superhero.

The week before he died I had several dreams in which he told me he would see me again. I would wake up thinking I had heard his voice. I was never frightened, just sad. When he did pass on-I wasn't as overwhelmed as the rest of my family. So many people wanted to pay their respects that we had to have a larger room. People (men and women) were openly crying, some came drunk (VFW, LOL), a few women passed out. My mother, sister, brothers and I laughed at the wake where others didn't but we knew my dad the best and just remembering some of the crazy stuff-he would have laughed with us I'm sure.

Since then-I've lived my life. I had a wonderful father who gave me the best part of himself. That was over 20 yrs ago and I still remember him and think of him. I have seen people who can't move on and I often wonder why they are like that.

I think it's easier when you know-you will see them again-it's not forever that they are lost to you. I had that faith and for whatever reason-I had dreamed of my father telling me he would see me again. I guess I believed him even in the dream. If you don't have true faith-then death is a very sad thing indeed.