Friday 7 October 2011

How do you act yourself around someone your dating? (Help please)?

I鈥檝e never really known how to act with a bf. I鈥檝e always kind of either fallen all over them (bad case of puppy love) or simply made them my servant. Either way I never acted like myself. Puppy love made me act like a love sick fool. Dating for a servant just made me a rude and hard-to-please b*tch. I admit I鈥檝e never had a relationship were I was happy and still had my natural sanity or been in a relationship that I don鈥檛 regret. Anyways I have some questions鈥?br>


1. How do you act around a bf?

2. Is it normal to feel at peace (stress free) but lonely without someone?

3. What age(s) did you really get into serious relationships with men?

4. How do you act like yourself when you have someone constantly around you ?(like changing up your daily routine)



Bonus question鈥?br>
Have you ever felt more comfortable when you have like say your head propped up on a close friend鈥檚 (any gender)shoulder than on someone your with鈥檚 shoulder ? (even if you have been together for 4 months)
How do you act yourself around someone your dating? (Help please)?
1) I act like myself, or I'll never know if he actually likes me for who I really am

2) definitely. Im so glad I got divorced, I feel way more peaceful without my ex husband, but a times i do miss having some help, or just somebody i can hold a conversation with

3) 19, other than that it was just casual dating

4) Well, I'm a teacher so I'm used to constantly being surrounded by people. I just act like myself and nobody else. Yeah, I can be a bit bossy, loud, I like to joke around, and I'm not the most serious person, but thats who I am



BQ: Yes, I've known my best friend longer than my (ex)husband, and she's always there for me. and i'll always be there for her
How do you act yourself around someone your dating? (Help please)?
Pretending to be something you're not is deceitful and it's not something you'll be able to keep doing for a long time, the mask will slip eventually. Don't tire yourself out pretending to be someone else.
1. I'll act as if he is the only guy on planet earth.

2. i guess

3. age 16

4. lol, i don't change my daily routines.

5. doesn't really matter whose shoulder my head is resting on. As long as it's someone i love.
1. I would feel very on edge around some of my boyfriends because I thought they were too good for me. Then there were ones who I thought weren't good enough, who I would push around because I felt a sense of entitlement.

2. I think it's normal to feel safe but still be missing something

3. Well, my first long term relationship was when I was 15 %26amp; 16 I think

4. I don't act like myself, but I get used to it eventually. And if I can't do that I usually snap at them.



BQ yes, because I'm more comfortable with certain friends than with certain guys who I'm worried about impressing (more than I should)
1. You act around a bf the same way you would act around any of your friends. If you feel like you have to act differently around him, then you shouldn't be dating him. If he can't accept you the way you are, he isn't worth your time.



2. Totally normal.



3. I was 18, and I married him. I've only ever had one serious relationship.



4. There has to be communication on what's okay and what isn't okay. If they are constantly around you and that bothers you, there needs to be a conversation about that. There's going to be a give and take about things, but it shouldn't go all one way.



Bonus: I'm more likely to let my head linger on my husband's shoulder than on my friend's shoulder, but I'm comfortable with both. Why are you more comfortable with your close friend? That may give you some clues; maybe it's not time for a relationship?
1. my normal self, im clumsy, love-able, i act like we are the best of friends, we do a bunch of stuff together.

2. yes it is, i feel at peace when im with him. sometime we have stupid fights but we get over it easily. i cant be without him over 5 days then i miss him like crazy (sad, i know lol)

3. 17

4. i don't really change up my routine, when im free, hes with me. (i don't know if i completely understand what your asking lol)



bonus* i have felt that. but i mean you have to ask yourself do you really love the person your with, do you think its a healthy relationship, do you think it is worth staying it. but i felt that before, same situation actually.. but i think its pure curiosity, but to me .. friendships are the best for relationships (my opinion and experience).

best of luck!

-colie :)
Have a life outside of dating. Take it from a guy - we like to have a life with our friends and would appreciate it if you continued to have a life with yours. It'll help you from getting too obsessed or too self centered.



As for the rest of the questions I have no clue.