Friday 7 October 2011

How accurate was your ultrasound (if you found out the gender of your baby)?

My first pregnancy my ultrasound was right and it was at 21 weeks 6 days.



For my second pregnancy they told me at 15 weeks 2 days. So I'm going in again this coming Tuesday at 25 weeks 3 days pregnancy just to make sure (even though I do know that ultrasounds can't be 100%) I just want to go in and make sure that nothing has changed before I go and put my son's room together- we moved into a new house and already set up the furniture in the nursery. So I figured that I would go ahead and clean his sheets and what not and set them up too while I'm at it.



But when did you find out the sex of your baby? How far were you?



Was it accurate? Or did it change at the end?





Another reasoning for this is my friend went and got an ultrasound done early on and they told her it was a boy then right before %26quot;he%26quot; was due it ended up being a girl. So they had already bought all that stuff for a boy and set it up etc etc. Then 2 weeks before she came surprise its a girl.



I'm so paranoid, I know. I think its a mother thing.
How accurate was your ultrasound (if you found out the gender of your baby)?
Through my whole pregnancy they told me I was having a girl, and had a boy. I work for an OB doctor, and he is wrong a few times, but not too often. Good luck. I wouldn' go buying certain colors righ away!
How accurate was your ultrasound (if you found out the gender of your baby)?
I found out at 14 weeks 2 days that I was having a boy. The tech was pretty sure. I just had an ultrasound at about 19 weeks and they confirmed that it definitly was a boy!



Most ultrasounds are very accurate.
I think I was about 18 weeks. They told me it was a boy and they showed me it was a boy. They were right. There was no doubt.



Don't worry, if they're wrong you'll have something to laugh about. So many baby things can be gender neutral. I have a boy and sometimes, even in blue clothes with a blue bib, people ask me if he's a girl.



Congrats on your pregnancy!