Wednesday 21 September 2011

Anyone with cancer want to answer some interview questions?

I'm a highschooler that needs to interview a cancer patient for a health project. You only have to answer 10 questions so here it goes鈥?What is your age, gender, and type of cancer? How did you respond to learning that you had cancer? Did you act differently? Did it change your perspective on things? How did you tell others (friends/family) when you learned? What do you have to change in your daily life to accommodate for your cancer? What treatments do you have? And how much time/effort do they take? Do they dictate the rest of your life? How does your cancer affect the people around you? Is there anything (like advice) that you would like to share with either a fellow cancer person or someone afraid of getting cancer? Please give some background info on yourself and feel free to give any other info that you feel in necessary. Thanks aton!
Anyone with cancer want to answer some interview questions?
Hey, here goes, hope this helps...



What is your age, gender, and type of cancer?

I'm a 18 male, and I have A.L.L and brain cancer.



How did you respond to learning that you had cancer?

At first it was unbelievable because of the day that I was diagnosed. Just a year before that (5th Oct) I got hurt in a car accident, a year before that my mom passed away from

cancer and the year before that she was diagnosed. It was quite surprise and shoocking at first..



Did you act differently?

After the news settle in, of course I acted differently. To me, I'm a soldier now, fighting in this war and nothing is going to slow me down to fight to the end.



Did it change your perspective on things?

In a way, yes but no. Like I said before, my mom got diagnosed with brain cancer so I kind of had the idea what is going to happen and what we need to do. Living as a SCI (paralyzed from the chest down) I've already got a whole new perspective, but this...well let's just say that nothing is going to slow these set of wheels down!



How did you tell others (friends/family) when you learned?

My father was with me when I was diagnosed so he knew. Of course, as we both are ready we call up family and just share this news and what's ahead of us at this point.



What do you have to change in your daily life to accommodate for your cancer?

Not a lot, of course I got to get to the hospital for treatments and what not but again I am paralyzed from the chest down so everything is already kind of changed big time when I got hurt.



What treatments do you have? And how much time/effort do they take? Do they dictate the rest of your life?

I had some chemo, some radiation, and then also BMT (bone marrow transplant) This is something that will always stay within me and of course, never giving an inch till the end.



How does your cancer affect the people around you?

I know it's hard for people around me, especially my father. Since my mom had cancer and passed away from it, he's had to see 2 people that he loves go through this again. But we talked and we both know that we won't ever give up and stop fighting.



Is there anything (like advice) that you would like to share with either a fellow cancer person or someone afraid of getting cancer?

Don't be afraid to get anything. Think of it this way...you should feel proud for being part of a group that will one day redefine the way we all live. Should be proud to say, %26quot;Hey I'm a survivor%26quot; the first day you are diagnosed and best of all...don't give up, and don't believe in giving up. We are survivors and we fight on!



If you need anything else, feel free to email me at paraboy89@aol.com and I'll be glad to help you out. Good luck on your project.
Anyone with cancer want to answer some interview questions?
What is your age, gender, and type of cancer?

I'm a 32 yo female with stomach cancer



How did you respond to learning that you had cancer?

I was STUNNED.



Did you act differently? Did it change your perspective on things?

Absolutely. After the fear wears off, you realized you've faced DEATH and it changes everything about you.



How did you tell others (friends/family) when you learned?

I wanted everyone to know and sent out a mass email. I also let my parents tell close family members



What do you have to change in your daily life to accommodate for your cancer?

I stopped doing things unless I WANTED to do them. No more doing things because I %26quot;should%26quot; or someone else wanted me to do it.



What treatments do you have?

I had surgery, chemotherapy and radiation



And how much time/effort do they take?

Surgery was a week in the hospital and a month recovery. Chemotherapy was 5 %26quot;pushes%26quot; of liquid drugs for 5 days then a month off. I had to see my doctor every week and was very sick and had to go to the clinic several times a week. I did that 4 times. I had daily radiation for 6 weeks. I was out of work for a year. I couldn't read or follow the plots of movies. It takes ALL your time/effort to feel better.



Do they dictate the rest of your life?

Most of my stomach is gone now, and I have to sleep at an angle (because the flap that keeps food/acids in my stomach was removed and now gravity keeps stuff in there)



How does your cancer affect the people around you?

Affected my mother most, as my caregiver. Many people were afraid I would die.



Is there anything (like advice) that you would like to share with either a fellow cancer person or someone afraid of getting cancer?

Everyone is afraid of cancer, even if you've had it and know what its like. Do NOT smoke and do NOT lie out in the sun. Other than that, cancer is a fluke and sometimes hereditary. If you get it, you will find the strength to face it.
hi check this link its good









http://interviewquestionsputatease.blogspot.com/









.
I am a male, 32 years old, and I have Non-Hodgkins lymphoma in my chest. The size of my lymphoma was 12x10 cm (4x4inches). I was diagnosed about a year ago, and I underwent 8 cycles of chemotherapy which shrunk the tumor considerably which then allowed a surgeon to surgically remove my thymus gland (located in the chest/sternum region). The surgery was successful (this past January), and I'm awaiting to see if I am in complete remission.



I was devastated when I learned I had cancer. My wife and I had our first child just 3 months before I was diagnosed, so I was scared about a lot of things. Such as will I be able to provide for my family since my wife didnt work, will I survive this, could I handle the chemotherapy. Once I learned that I had the exact same cancer as my cousin (31 years old), she comforted me and reassured me that she was ok, and that her treatment was managable. I told everyone that I was close to about my cancer. Most of my family are strong believers in God and in Jesus, and I was comforted by all the prayers and support my family got. My family and friends from church provided meals for the first 3 months of my chemotherapy, and paid for a cleaning service to clean our house twice a month.



I took off work for 7 months, and my employer paid for my time off as well as a disability policy paid for my leave. People my age look at me and themselves differently. They all believe that cancer can happen to anyone, and we all appreciate the lives we have and the gift that it is from God.



My advice is to live healthy lives full of good foods and exercise, and surround yourselves with a good support group of friends so that if cancer ever invades you, you will have people to help you. My advice if you do get cancer would be that not to let it dictate who you are, and what you can accomplish in life. I feel like that the best of my life is yet to come. Cry as often as you like, and dont feel ashamed or defeated if you do. It is natural to be upset. And trust that God can heal you!!!!
I am a 67 year old male, and I had Prostate Cancer. The funny thing is that my doctor cried when she found out I had cancer. I had to console her. I really was never afraid. I saw too much death in Vietnam, that I grew numb to it. Not a good thing. Anyway I informed my family because you need the support of your friends and family to get through the trial of cancer. Faith in God helps. I had my Prostate removed along with my testicles. I have been cancer free for three years. I did not change anything in my daily life. it is important to not let the disease take over your life. I share my story with all that will listen, especially cancer patients, so they can gain hope for their selves. Hope this helps you.
  • cat
  • handling exceptions
  •