Saturday 24 September 2011

Do you think being gay is wrong? Please explain why.?

I am a straight teenager, but I think nothing is wrong with being gay.



I think that it is always better to be tolerant. When we look at the past, we always think how terrible racism was during the 60s, but the same thing is happening today with gays and lesbians. Until we learn to accept others, there will continue to be problems in our world.



I understand that some people interpret the bible to say that it is wrong to be gay, but I can't let this make me intolerant. Regardless of what the Bible says, God would want us to accept others. Whether or not you realize it, if you judge others for being gay, that is discrimination. Even if I were to agree that the Bible says being gay is wrong, why should it affect our laws? Our government is supposed to separate the church and state. The Bible's teachings have no place in our laws.



I believe that gays should be allowed to marry. Allowing others to have rights is never wrong. If you think it is wrong to have a gay marriage, you do not need to get one. A gay couple getting married does not affect you. However, you not allowing a gay couple to get married affects them.



You may argue that homosexuality would ruin the %26quot;sanctity of marriage,%26quot; but that is already happening. Fifty percent of marriages end in divorce. I think the destruction of love ruins marriage far more than the union of two loved ones, regardless of their gender.



You may say that marriage is something that is within the church, so gay marriage cannot happen, but this is not true. Marriage does not need to be through the church. Anyone can get a marriage through a judge, without any connection to the church.



You may say that tradition dictates that marriage should be between a man and woman, but should we do something just because it is tradition? I think the world is always the best when it is most progressive. Because people refused to break tradition we lived in the dark ages, we lived through slavery, and we lived for years without woman's suffrage. It is time to make a change.



You may say that gay marriage will lead to people wanting to marry family members or animals, but this is absurd. How many people have you met that honestly want to marry their dogs or sisters? The idea that gay marriage will lead to these kinds of weddings is ridiculous.



A question for those of you who are straight and against gay marriage: If God/society suddenly said that being straight were wrong, could you change your lifestyle and become attracted to your own gender? Would you be able to change your attraction just because someone said it is what you should do?



I would honestly like to hear your opinions on this issue. I think everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. If I didn't allow others to voice their own opinion, that would be hypocritical of me. I think a healthy discussion makes us all understand each other better.
Do you think being gay is wrong? Please explain why.?
Isaiah: 44 v 21-24



''The LORD says, Israel, remember this;

Remember that you are my servant.

I created you to be my servant,

and I will never forget you.



I have swept your sins away like a cloud.

Come back to me; I am the one who saves you.%26quot;



Shout for joy, you heavens!

Shout, deep places of the earth!

Shout for joy , mountains, and every tree if the forest!



The LORD has shown his greatness by saving his people of Israel.



Romans; 8 v 12:

So then, my borthers and sisters, we have an obligation,

but it is not to live as our human nature wants us to.



For if you live according to your human nature, you are going to die;



but if by the Spirit you put to death a your sinful actions, you will live.:



Those who are lead by God's Spirit are God's children.

For the Spirit that God has given you does not make you slaves and cause you to be afraid;



Instead, the Spirit make you God's children, and by the Spirit's power we cry out to God,



%26quot;Father! my Father!%26quot; God Spirit joins himself to our spirits to declare that we are God's children. %26quot;

---------------------------



Homosexuality is condemnation by God. Don't allow your mind to be darkened and to accept what Satan is allowing the world to believe is acceptable, and is UNACCEPTABLE to GOD!



Read your Bible. It will tell you the truth!



Sodom and Gomarah! A city that God distroyed with fire. Why? because it was a town filled with homosexuals, adulterers, murderers and the like. Where is it today? It is called the DEAD SEA.



SHALOM
Do you think being gay is wrong? Please explain why.?
I have nothing against people who are gay.

I do have something against people who are redundant.

You have asked this question 27,658 times.
Yes, being gay is wrong...



I mean for heavens sake... The poop shoot is an out door only...
I agree with you 100%! Everyone should be able to have the same rights. You can't help who you love! (I'm straight by the way).
i am only tolerant

gayness is a mental thing.

bi is a choice



marriage was invented for a man and women not for a love.

marriage means a union between man and women



gays can only get unions

STRAIGHTS own the word marriage they have wrote the definition.

lets not make any more words with multiple meanings.



flaming gays are just acting that way.
How can it be wrong, knowing that it is something a person is born with? That's like saying that having blue eyes is wrong.
If you are still a teenager and you are thinking so seriously about this subject, I would worry if I were your Mother. Why don't you study history, world problems, mathematics or something that will get you a good job when you get out of high school. You will not have to think of this stuff if you are busy.
Nothing wrong with being gay