Saturday 24 September 2011

Do you feel differently about someone when you learn their sexuality or gender identity?

I'm not really sure how to word this but.. Does finding out someone is GLBT (or straight) change your opinion on them? If you already knew them before they told you?



Or if you're gay, bisexual, or transgender yourself, how do you feel meeting other people classified as %26quot;GLBT%26quot;?



I'm transgender myself, and at first I felt a little strange about meeting other GLBT people. I'm not really sure why, but now I enjoy meeting others and trying to relate to them. I'm just wondering how everyone else feels.
Do you feel differently about someone when you learn their sexuality or gender identity?
No my opinion doesnt change-as I would expect when they find out about mine-it shouldn't change anything about you to have people find out what your sexuality is-you are the same person.
Do you feel differently about someone when you learn their sexuality or gender identity?
I have to say... when i was in the closet... it used to... now it doesn't...
I've never had a problem with it.

I have family that is LGBT, i've grown up around LGBT so i don't really feel that different meeting new people that LGBT.
I have felt differently about some acqaintances upon learning they were gay.

Or perhaps bi, not sure in some cases.



In some case, no difference.



It mostly hinged on the person.



And in the cases where I did feel differently, the difference wasn't huge. I just put a little more distance between us.
I have to say yes, it sometimes does change my opinion of some people.



If i meet a guy who seems really effeminate, but insists he is straight, maybe even has a g/f, it makes me think he is deceitful, or cowardly because he cannot accept his obvious gayness.
I don't feel any differently about them. They are people just like me who have their own preferences and their own way of life. I don't really understand the whole transgendered thing but I keep reading about it and learning more and more so it helps me to understand why they are the way they are. I have my own personal feelings about them but I keep them to myself because my thoughts are just that. MY THOUGHTS.
No. I don't judge people based on their sexual orientation, sexual preferences or religious beliefs.



I take people by their actions.
That for me would all depend on whether or not they lied about their preferences before. I don't care what those preferences might be I only care that they be honest and caring people.
No, my opinions of them really do not change.



Now, I may be a little surprised (an acquaintance of mine, I just found out he had a girlfriend -- this was a surprise to me because, well, he knows how to dress himself), but that doesn't mean my opinion has changed.



Of course, if somebody is GLBT/Queer AND I feel that they are a total douche-bag, I may be a little reluctant to say so, cos frankly, I do not want to be accused of being %26quot;a self-hating queer%26quot; or %26quot;transphobic%26quot; (and frankly, most of the other FTM guys I know are bleeding idiots), but that is why LiveJournal was invented -- mmm... friends-only rant-fests.
I'm lesbian, when I meet straight people it doesn't change my opinion of them, in fact I expect most people that I meet to be straight. When I meet someone who is LGBT, it does make me feel a tiny bit closer to them cuz we have something in common, but I'm not gonna automatically be friends with them or anything. When making friends, I judge by personality not sexual orientation...but I won't lie, I do like meeting other LGBT people cuz I'm usually surrounded by straight people.
I feel safer when I find out that someone is GLBT because I don't have to hide who I am in front of them the way I generally do in front of straight people.
Nope, it doesnt matter to me whether or not someone is gay straight bi or transgender. most of my friends are gay or bi and theyre still my best friends.