Wednesday 21 September 2011

When it comes time to change your name...?

I don't identify with either gender.



Actually, I'm thinking I might be male (I'm anatomically female) but for now, I'm sticking with genderless.



I feel so liberated when people can't tell my gender. Sometimes people won't get it, and they'll call me he until someone corrects them. Then they'll be completely surprised.



I want to change my name. I want something gender-neutral, but dominantly male. I was thinking of either Ardan/Arlan or Dyl (but the spelling is subjective: Dyll, Dylle, Dil, Dill, etc... like the beginning of %26quot;Dylan%26quot; except only Dyl...)



I like Dyl better, but its too much of a nickname. But still, I like it better. And it fits my personality A LOT more. I also really like Ardan or Arlan. I can't decide...



Before I go to college, I plan to have learned whether or not I'm transgendered. I'm starting to think I am, but the fact that the male genitalia is absolutely disgusting to me makes me think that I'm not, haha.



ANYWAY. I want to change my name soon. It's Katie right now, which is doesn't fit my personality at all. And it's completely female.



The only thing is, I'd be very sad to give up the name my mother assigned me. And I think it'd disappoint my parents very much. Please advise me. I feel like I really can't have a gender-specific name. I'd like a unisex name that leans towards male, (Dyl, Ardan, Arlan) but how could I break it to my (VERY sensitive/sentimental) parents?
When it comes time to change your name...?
You could always keep the option of keeping your middle name. Hardly anybody uses it, and your parents will be able to hold on to something.



Or if you want to ask them what they would've named you if you were born male. It helps keep them involved with your transition.



I would've done that with my parents, but I already know that my younger brother has that name.
When it comes time to change your name...?
I wouldn't go with %26quot;Dyl.%26quot; People will call you 'dildo'
Go with Shane.
hmmmph, kinda odd, because my name has kinda grown on me. but if you really want to do it, then there is no easy way that i can think of... just don't tell them when they're already in a bad mood.
I would advise against the name %26quot;Dil%26quot;. Read the plot of this movie:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crying_鈥?/a>



Yet another movie that taught the general public that TG/TS people are deceivers and not human. I know you say you're an androgyne at this point, but the public doesn't know that and will ASSume you're a TG/TS person and the name %26quot;Dil%26quot; will bring up that love scene in their minds. The one many of them found gross and disgusting (which of course is not true).



How about going by a letter in your name, like %26quot;T%26quot;? T sounds androgynous.