Friday 16 September 2011

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility; how fun is it?

I'm thinking of getting it around Friday. I wanted to know how fun it is?



Here are some of my questions;



1.Can you get married?

2. Can you change your gender and/or clothes?

3. Is the storyline good?

4. Is it addicting, or something that bores you fast?



Anything else you could tell me about it would be great. Thanks. =3
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility; how fun is it?
1. Can you get married?

Yes, you can get married to 8 different guys and girls with personalities ranging from rebel to proper.



2. Can you change your gender and/or clothes?

Yes, you can do both.



3. Is the storyline good?

I think the storyline is good but may not think so. Basically you have to save the Harvest Goddess by completing Rainbows.



4. Is it addicting, or something that bores you fast?

Is is VERY addicting (I just got done playing it) You can

Fish

Flirt

Raise Animals

Mine

Grow Crops

Make friends and so on



And in this game there is 50 residents, 3 different islands besides the one you live on, unlockable areas, and you can befriend over 10 wild animals and make them your pets. (They are very cute.)



Hope I helped you!
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility; how fun is it?
I see that somebody already answered your questions, but I will answer 3 and 4.



There isn't that much of a storyline. You can take as much time as you want to complete it or you can %26quot;beat%26quot; the game pretty fast. I would say it's kind of like the Sim games. There's not really that much of a goal in the Sims (in some of the games), just maybe to raise skill points and get a job promotion; in Harvest Moon ToT you can raise your tool levels, get a bigger house, build multiple houses, etc, but after these are done, there's not that much else to aim for. But, like the Sims, you can pretty much play the game forever if you want. You can still earn money, but at some point you won't be able to buy anything else. If you have a child in the game, you can play as him/her, but it's basically the same exact thing as the main character.



If you like action and new scenes/new goals, you probably won't like this game. It is addicting, like the other answerer said.



These things can be extremely boring: tending crops, talking to people to raise their heart level (I find myself just hitting A and not even reading what they say because they pretty much say the same things), picking up chickens to raise their heart level, and also giving gifts to the other animals in the game that can be your pets. The chickens and animal thing that I just mentioned have the SAME EXACT scene every single time. There's no way to skip it. It gets extremely annoying really fast. Also, there are some mini-games in ToT but I don't find them very fun.



The things that I do enjoy about this game though is planting and harvesting. I find it fun. Also, I love the graphics and characters. I have had this game for over one year. When I first got it I played it all the time. I still play it but not as nearly as often. Hopefully this helped... Maybe you could rent it for a day (they rent out video games at some movie rental places), and see if it's something you would enjoy playing a lot?