Wednesday 21 September 2011

Is the gender of your baby suited (or not) to your personality, likes dislikes?

A friend remarked this morning about my daughters hair, and said she was glad she had all boys as she doesnt have the patience to do little girls hair.



Is there something you dont like doing concerning your babys sex - ie how you clean after a nappy change, doing girls hair, buying things (always nicer things in the shop in opposite sex)



Or is your babys gender perfect to you, why?



OBVIOUSLY - all our babys genders are perfect, they are happy and healthy - thats all that matters. But just a fun Q.
Is the gender of your baby suited (or not) to your personality, likes dislikes?
The funny thing was that while i was pregnant w/my 3 biological children (my oldest is my step-son who ive raised), i just KNEW what the sex of my babies would be.



Everyone told me i should wait till sonograms provided the sex before getting my %26quot;hopes%26quot; up. it wasn%26#039;t that i wanted on gender over the other, i just KNEW which gender i was having.

So once i knew, i just dove into all the good things about each gender, with out thought to what i may or may not like about it.



However i did notice that when i had baby boys i could never find just the right outfits for them, stores seemed to be under stocked for boys, while girls had TONS of clothes.

With my daughter i didn%26#039;t have that problem, it seemed like at every turn there were cute girly things.



I think having a daughter opened my tolerance for a lot of things deemed %26quot;girly%26quot; that used to make me go. eww.

I was a bit of a tomboy, not gung-ho but pretty close. and so i hated pink, frilly, lacey, ANTHYING.

but as soon as i felt that i was having a girl, i jumped in feet first, and i adore doing her hair, dressing her in cute little sun dresses, playing w/dolls w/her, having tea parties on the livingroom floor, and coloring pictures w/glitter pens. LOL



I was so used to rough housing w/my older boys and tossing footballs around and driving hotwheels over every surface of my house that i guess you could say i would have missed out on something really special it i%26#039;d never had a daughter. we tried for 3 yrs to have another baby....her big brothers are 10 and 8 yrs older than her so it was like re-learning how to be a parent w/such a tiny baby again.



i love being mom of boys, it%26#039;s fun. but being a mom of a daughter is special too, it%26#039;s different from boys but just as equally fun!
Is the gender of your baby suited (or not) to your personality, likes dislikes?
i honestly love holly being a girl, and would love her to have hair long like sophies :( but she doesnt!!



if i have a boy or girl next time i really dont care, i will be happy either way!! people keep saying %26#039;ooh if its a girl it will be free you already have everything from holly%26#039; well, yeah true, but i really dont think i should %26#039;want%26#039; a girl based on this. besides i can put a boy in pink when round the house right?!
The crazy part is that I thought I would want a boy...but when my wife and I knew we were having a girl, it was like instantaneous that I really wanted a girl.



And the most fun I have is helping my daughter with Webkins, listening and watching Barbie Diamond Castle, dancing ballet with my daughter, being called King, singing songs by Laurie Berkner and the Wiggles, and pushing swings.
When I got pregnant I didn%26#039;t′t mind if it was a boy or girl, and for this reason I didn%26#039;t′t want to find out until the big B day. but by the end of my pregnancy I started wanting a girl, because it looked more fun raising a girl than a boy, at least for the first years. And ... it was a girl. :)

It would have been perfect with a boy as well.
Whenever I go to clothes shops for babies, I always stop to look at the girls party dresses etc - they%26#039;re all so pretty. Also, I have a great mother and daughter relationship and would like to have the same bond if I had a daughter.

I love my son though and like you said as long as our babies are happy and healthy-who cares what gender they are?!

xxx
Hmmm, I can see what you mean. For me, I have 3 (much) younger sisters, I have only ever changed girls%26#039; nappies and bathed girls - I stick to what I know! I was relieved to have 2 girls, although people often ask if I%26#039;ll try for a boy... why? It%26#039;s not a sticker collection, you don%26#039;t need one of every kind. We wanted 2 kids, we have 2 wonderful beautiful children.

If I had a boy, I would be neither disapointed nor excited at his gender - only at a baby! Although, just to annoy my in-law%26#039;s, I%26#039;d want it to be another girl seeing as they think I should keep trying for a boy to %26#039;continue the family name%26#039; (as if I care about the family name...)

Granted, doing the hair is a pain sometimes, but sometimes it%26#039;s a lovely bonding experience - especially now she%26#039;s old enough to ask for certain styles. We spent ages the other night putting loads of little plaits in her hair before bed so it was all wavy the next morning - it was fun and I wish my own mother would have even put my hair in a ponytail rather than leaving me looking like a tinker%26#039;s child (as I did when I was young). I enjoy taking her to her ballet lessons, but she%26#039;s a tomboy too - her favourite show is Ben 10!

Boy%26#039;s clothes are very cute, so I do feel like I%26#039;ve missed on that, but I have dodged that bullet of being peed on at nappy-change time!
the only thing i dont like is i dont know what to buy toys wise for little boys because i grew up all girls



%26amp; i dont know how to change a girls diaper but that isnt anything that i cant get over
Yeh definitely it doesnt matter as long as our baby%26#039;s are healthy

even before i was pregnant i used to love doing my neices hair and often felt like wish i have a girl its such a lovely bond, mother and daughter, (getting broody lol) now i have a girl, her hair isnt long enough but i cant wait to plait her hair, pony%26#039;s etc. cant wait for all the special moments between us :)

Im glad i dont have to risk being peed on every nappy change hehe!

The girls things are so much nicer in the shops as well, but that doesnt mean if i have a boy i would not be happy. My husband dotes on her so much, i think cus she%26#039;s a girl more-so (if that makes sense) she%26#039;s our little precious bundle.
i love having a little boy. i cant wait until he gets older, and starts playing sports, and im the crazy soccer mom driving to all of his games.... but thats the kind of person i am. i like the %26#039;thrill%26#039; of things, and i feel that a boy brings a lot of that. (not that girls are boring.. lol)



i have a 17 month old sister, and i get to spoil her so much, but i grew up with 4 sisters which was a lot to handle! haha. im glad with my childs gender.. i would want a girl next though because as silly as it sounds, she%26#039;ll have her %26#039;big brother%26#039; to protect her.
I had a girl first although my husband really wanted a boy. I was thrilled because I only have one sister and only knew about girls. I love dressing her up and fixing her hair and was very comfortable with her. However, with my second pregnancy when I found I was having a boy at 20 weeks, I cried for three days. I think the crying was first hormonal and second that I felt I knew nothing about boys and wanted my daughter to have a sister like I did. My son is 11 months now and I absolutely love having a son. He has peed on me and it took longer to clean him after a poopy diaper and I used to ask my mother-in-law if I was getting all the parts clean since you have to move his scrotum around to get all the poo. It%26#039;s no big deal at all. I think that since I had a girl first, my son is a little more %26quot;kept%26quot; than other boys. I always comb his hair to look a certain way and I always %26quot;perfectly%26quot; match his clothes, socks, shoes, and jackets, like I did with my daughter even though I could get away with just dressing him in neutrals. If he has on a white shirt with a truck and khaki pants, he has socks with a truck on it and shoes that match his pants. My son%26#039;s closet is full with tons of clothes thanks to my sister and mom. This is a great question, because I previously had never pictured myself with a boy and I still look at him and can%26#039;t believe I have a son. My daughter and my son play all the time together. My son loves plays Barbies! Ha ha!
Well, all my life I *thought* I wanted a girl... but then I had a boy and I knew that I may not have been the best mommy for a girl. The most I can do with hair is a ponytail... in a pinch, I may be able to do her hair in two pigtails or braids. That%26#039;s about the extend of my hair knowledge. Of course, we learn these things as we go along... but still, I think my boy is perfectly suited to me.



If I had a girl, I would probably have felt different. I still like to look at girl clothes, and leave a little sigh - girl clothes are SO cute (compared to boys). But seriously, if you embrace the boyness, you can dress your boy equally cute. It%26#039;s just a slight mindset shift.



My husband and I are TTC again, and I really hope we%26#039;ll have another boy!



BTW: I have a six year old niece whom I love to pieces. She visits all the time, and the first two years I was a primary caregiver (my sister works). I think, because I was used to her, I wanted a girl too. Or maybe because I come from an all sisters household - lol. I%26#039;m thrilled to pieces with my son though, he%26#039;s hyper and all over the place, doesn%26#039;t sleep very much, and is just a real rough and tumble child - just like his mommy (I%26#039;m a bit of a tomboy) - whereas my niece is a far more laid back kid. Maybe I just like my son%26#039;s personality and it has nothing to do with the fact that he%26#039;s a boy.
I wanted a girl sooo bad when i first became pregnant, and then was told i was having a boy.. i wanted to do hair and paint nails and play dolls.. and their clothes are sooooooo cute!!! I love my little boy to peices of course, but i still think girls are funner, i l play cars and video games with him, but it isnt so much fun for me, i do it for him. Its funny to watch him grow and observe his boyish tendacies, but he is sooo active and crazy lol, ive always thought little boys where weird, and they do gross things, he chases the cats and dogs and doesnt mind if someone sees him digging in his nose, he can care less about the dirt smeared across his face lol I love him to peices though, he just awws me, but he has taught me soooo much!



And now i have a girl :) she is a little young to paint nails, and has no hair yet, but i get to put little headbands on her and dress her in cute dresses, and already at 4 months she is alot nicer to the poor cat lol, she sits there and rubs her hand acrossed her and watches her in amazement.. i could only immagine my little boy at 4 months trying to bite the cat or pull her tail lol. I was a huge tom boy when i was a kid, i never did the girly foo foo stuff, so i am looking forward to doing it with my girl :)



I think a girl is more suited to my personality but so excited i get them both and get to experience the differences in them.
LOL, I love having a girl! She is sooo like me it%26#039;s funny. When we go to buy her a new pair of shoes all the other kids in the shop are wriggling and trying to get out of having their feet measured but Lottie just sits there like a princess until the assistant is done. Then she gets up and walks very solemnly all around the shelves looking at the shoes until she finds some she likes. Then she brings them over with a massive smile on her face saying %26quot;shoos, shoos!%26quot;. I absolutely have a thing for new shoes so it%26#039;s fab that she is the same, although I can see my partner protesting when she is a teenager and we have a shoe spree together, lol! I would really like a boy next time though, just for a bit of contrast.
Heck yes. I couldn’t have picked it better. I have always been a tom-boy and always played all kinds of sports growing up. Even at age 28 I still play in a couple adult leagues... Dominic is athletic already and play every sport under the sun and I can%26#039;t imagine Dane will be much different... I mean he could but growing up in this house it would be harder not to...



So yes having boys have fit my lifestyle perfect. Once in a while if I need a dose of pink and fluffy I pick up my niece and hang out with her for the day. =)
I have the best of both worlds - boy / girl twins.



My boy is a %26quot;boy%26quot; - he is tough, grabbing things, rough, prefers to bounce in his exersaucer rather than playing with the toys etc . . .



My girl is a %26quot;girl%26quot; - she is much quieter, more gentle, more into playing quietly . . .



My husband and I trade off at night so that we have quality time with each.
when I was pregnant from day one my husbands side said I was having a boy no biggy until I was 5 months ready to find out the sex my side of the family went out the day I was finding out the sex and started to buy girl stuff......Yeah i said wait and that very moment I wanted it to be a girl lol but nope it was a boy....I am a happy mommy of a 6 year old lil man....he brightens my day when his daddys not ome cause all I have to do is look at him and see his dad in him 100%But as far as a girl goes as the world is today if I had a girl I would be happy but would have to be more careful with her as with the clothing line there are more cute clothes out there right now for girls....but so glad I had a boy because man keeping up with my fashion and a daughters wow and then comes teen years wow....I think boys are easier i dont know thats me.
No way, i love everything about my son although when he gets to a teenager it may be different!

Would love a girl though too!
I love having my daughter. Half of the fun is dressing her and doing her hair. However, I would be just as happy to have a boy. When it comes down to it, you will adjust to whatever gender you have and think they are perfect. That being said- I really wouldn%26#039;t be sad if I had all girls.
Well it%26#039;s a good thing Georgia came out a girl because in some ways she%26#039;s bringing out the girl in me. And it will only get better as she gets older. I%26#039;ve never been much for make up or dressing up but as she grows older she%26#039;ll need me to teach her all those things, and so I%26#039;ll have to evolve my personality to accomadate her.
I think any gender of baby would have been perfect for me and anyone else, I would always do my little girls hair if I had a little girl but I had a boy and I am still happy with him. It really doesn%26#039;t matter to me.
I am really glad Mia is a girl, BUT i do hate all the girly clothes. The frills, dresses...etc....

They annoy me and her so i just steer away from them. I dont know why, one reason is i LOVE the boys clothes and the dresses stop her from doing anything.

She is most likely dressed in sweats and dungarees :) I guess she is going to end up a tom-boy like me.. hehe



Everything else is ok to me, i really like having a little mummys girl!
I LOVE having my daughter. I always wanted a girl my whole life. BUT my daughter is already 14 months and still doesn%26#039;t have any hair ) = I mean a little but not even enough to put in a tiny barret or pigtails. I just love having a girl because I%26#039;m very girly myself. I look forward to %26quot;tea parties%26quot; dress up, dollhouses and when she gets older clothes shopping at the mall, preping for school dances and what not.
You have answered your own question here. Of course all of our babies are perfect to us. I love my boys. Anyone who says otherwise are just deluded.
lol maybe she wants a girl or always wanted a girl so she said that to you ! i have 2 girls %26amp; 1 boy i love them both , but i have to say my son is so fast to get out the door then my girls, my daughters i have to fix there hair paint there nails match there shoes with there dress or what ever, my son is fast gettting out the door- i dont dislike anything about haveing a girl -like you said long as there heathey-

i loved your question





mom to 3 %26amp; half yr old daughter

14 month old son

2 month old daughter
Well I have both and I%26#039;m kind of a happy about that. There are traits I like in both of their genders.



My son is very active and into sports which I am. I love having a kick-about with hiim in our garden. Also, he%26#039;s very cheeky.



My daughter loves to dance around the house and I%26#039;m a dancer so I love that. I also love doing her hair - it%26#039;s really long.



But then they both love to cuddle especially when they are upset and I love that trait most.
Having a girl is pretty perfect for me! :) I have two sisters, so I am accustomed to girls. I am fairly girly too, though not prissy! LOL

I love buying cute trendy girl clothes and putting Sophie%26#039;s hair in a tiny ponytail!! Plus I can pick up the most darling stuff, like her leopard print Mary Janes, or her little sundresses.

Don%26#039;t get me wrong, I would love a boy this time, but it will be SO new to me!! My husband is itching for a son, so I hope we get one!
I love having a boy, especially that one ! He%26#039;s so easy going and content !

There%26#039;s nothing that I don%26#039;t like but something happened this morning that made me think of your question:



Since last night, he%26#039;s been touching his willy and this morning he was moaning about his nappy. So I checked if anything was inflamed, or just red but nothing. He just laid down and played with his willy.

I called his dad who laughed and said %26quot;Well what do you expect? He%26#039;s found it, he%26#039;ll never let it go now!%26quot;.



But I am a girl ! And I don%26#039;t know anything about that !I just freak out about infections and rashes.

I think the willy talk when he%26#039;s older will have to be done with Daddy !
I am glad I had a little girl, she deffinatly suits me. I have only once changed a little boys nappy and never ever again do I want to do it lol. He peed in my face and a bit went in my mouth! So I prefer changing a girls obviously. I also love combing her hair (It is really curly so it needs combing twice a day) and I also love dressing her up.



I know if I had a boy in the future I would love it, just not nappy changing, I will have to cover his bits so he dont pee on me lol. And also I love dungarees on baby boys.
i would be so happy to be pregnant i really woulndnt mind a boy or a girl but i think if im honest id lean more towards a girl.



i think its because my mom and i have fantastic relationship, also i tend to love girly things in the shops.



xxxx
Awww well i love having one of each obviously but i must say that give a Boys Poopy nappy to change anyday! lol because i need not go into Girls lol and being a new mum to a girl i was extremely nervous at first about how to clean her etc.



Boys are much quieter than Girls and Girls are so much fun to shop for there is so much difference i just love it all .



x
  • clear nail polish
  • comparison between
  •