Wednesday 21 September 2011

Have you served on jury duty?

1. What is your gender?







2. What is your age range?









3. What is your educational background?













4. What is your occupation?













5. Are you retired? If so, would you be more willing to serve?











6. When asked questions, would you answer them truly or would you change your beliefs in attempt to get out of jury duty?

















7. Have you served on jury duty before? If so, what kind of case was it? How long did it take? Was justice served? Was it fulfilling?











8. Would you serve if you had any personal attachment to the case? If so, would this change your overall opinion on the matter?
Have you served on jury duty?
I was always called in to serve but was never selected. I am a retired CPA with two degrees in management and accounting and also served as a trustee on a police retirement board. During a several year span I also had oversight responsibility for a police department since I was CFO of a company and the CEO thought it would be a good idea for me to manage the police department to bring costs under control. That was a lot of fun. Therefore, I had no chance in hades of serving on a jury yet they always sent me a summons to appear. I always answered the questions honestly and thought I could be very objective in rendering a judgment but the defense always gave me the hook in record time. I tried to get off of even appearing because of my track record in that no defense team was going to let me serve but I was overruled. Our judicial system tries to appear impartial but it's not even close.