Saturday 24 September 2011

Transsexuals!!! When and how did you first realise you were born the gender?

Oddly, when i was 9 I was playing Grand Theft Auto III, now before then I had always wanted girls toys and took interest in feminine stuff and I once wore a dress and enjoyed it as far as I can remember, but anyway oddly it happened while I was playing GTA III and the thing that trigger it was I put in the change your character cheat,(God knows why) and it just trigger aload of emotions and 9 is pretty young to start puberty so and I know I didn't start puberty until just before my 12th birthday so, that takes hormones of the list, but eversince then I've wanted to be girl, I find it very odd that GTA caused it though, that the thing you'd least suspect for triggering such emotions and strong urges, but I'm now approaching 16 and hoping to see my GP soon, i've done tonnes of research on transsexuality and I definitely think this is the true me, lol.



Anyway, how about you when and how did you realise you were born the wrong gender?



I just thought it might be interesting to here other peoples stories
Transsexuals!!! When and how did you first realise you were born the gender?
From my earliest memories, I always wanted to be a girl. My only friends when I was growing up were girls and I always envied them for it. I do remember vividly the first time I acted on it. I was 14 and was babysitting my mom's friends kids. She had older daughters who had moved out and she had two young children. Anyways, I had put the kids to bed and had a few hours to kill, so I was in the rec room in the basement and there was a rack of dresses of the older daughters hanging in the basement. I couldn't help myself and I put on one of them. It was black evening gown, low cut and it sparkled. I was in heaven as I glided around the basement. I even went into one of the spare bedrooms where more clothes were stored and found a pair of black, strappy heels to wear (they were too small for me, but I forced my feet into them. I wobbled around on the heels, but I still remember the electricity running through my body as I heard the heels clicking on the basement floor and from the way that soft dress caressed my body. I changed back before I was caught and I felt incredibly empty inside after that. It was after then that I really began to question myself and I finally (after too many years) have begun my transition.
Transsexuals!!! When and how did you first realise you were born the gender?
I remember having those feelings at age 5.



P.S. The feeling never went away and I am now 52. I was born in an era where Transgendered was considered a mental illness and while I fought to suppress the feelings they always remained....as they do to this day.
I'm a male with a beautiful pair of female breasts, 40b, but I don't feel female. It's an accident of medicine. I have pics to prove it.
I have nothing against transsexuals, but your story is fantastically pathetic.



Grand Theft Auto III? Serious?
When I was 4 years old, my aunt was getting married; my sisters were to be bridesmaids.

I was devastated when I was told that I couldn't be a bridesmaid, because I 'wasn't a girl'....I cried for days.

That was the first time I realised that other people saw me as something other than who I was.
I was told that my parents knew long before I ever told them. I first realized at like age 3, but my parents didnt let me transfer until I was older. They did let me wear girls clothes and they talked to the school to allow me to be considered a female student. I grew up a girl, although I never had the surgery until I was 15.
I was 4 or 5 at the time. My mom babysat for a family where the mother became terminally ill a month after the twins were born. I was the youngest of 6 kids and the twins were 6 and 7 in there family.



I walked into my moms room as she was changing the diaper of one. There was a boy and girl. She was changing Lorie. As soon as I walked through the door I stoped dead in my tracks. It was that instant I realized what the difference was between boys and girls. I remember running to my room and looking in my pants and just started to cry. I knew at that instant I was supposed to look like Lorie.



Before that incident I had been having dreams where I would go in a big machine, it was huge with silver doors. When I would come back out I was a girl even though before that incident I had no concept there was really a difference other then how we dressed and girls had long hair and got to play with dolls with out being made fun of.



I do have 2 pictures. The date on them is 1959 so I would have been 3 at the oldest. I had put on one of my sisters slips, a pair of high heels and had her purse. I vaguely remember it but I'm told I had told every one I was going shopping.



I honestly do not remember any other single incident from being that young other then walking into my mom's room that day. And then crying because I knew I was not right.



Not sure if thats what you want but but thats my story.
For me, it never involved gender (masculine, feminine, and in some cultures others), just biology (male, female, or intersex).



When I was 8, one of the girls came over and we talked and we commented on the absurdity of boys' and girls' roles. I don't know who was the first to mention it, but we both wondered what it would take to turn a boy into a girl, or in her case, the other way around. I don't know where she is, or whether she was also TS.



By the time I was 11, I was scared of male puberty, and tried to figure out ways of avoiding or delaying it. I was eating much less and my parents were scared I was risking my health, and I grew scared they would condemn me if I ever explained what I needed.



Over the next few years, I started hearing negative stereotypes about transsexual people, who were invariably compared with cross-dressers and drag queens. Well, I wasn't interested in women's clothing, and am not interested in it, so I thought I couldn't be transsexual.



At the same time, I got far enough into puberty that I gave up hope. I thought I had to live as a man, and I thought I could. I blotted out my hopes and my memories of my hopes. This still crept through in my dreams.



By my early 20s, I was clearly hoping to become a woman, yet was still thinking of myself as a man, not a trans woman. I knew I needed to transition, but did not think it was possible for me, and did not think I was transsexual, 'cause I didn't fit the stereotypes.



At age 27 I was constantly praying for God to make me a woman. At first it was enough to pray for this in the resurrection, but soon I had to pray for this in the present. Not long after, I ran across one of my old friends, online, and she told me that she had transitioned. She didn't fit the stereotype either.



At age 28, I was curious but still uncertain. Didn't everyone seek to become the opposite sex? Wasn't this part of our common humanity? I ran into anti-trans hate lit (by a certain John Aravosis). I realized that he, and most men, did not share the desires I had assumed all men shared.



Most men hated the idea of becoming women.



I hate the idea of remaining a man.



I realized I could understand trans people and could never understand cis men. It wasn't about clothing. It wasn't about gender. It was about the need to become complete, and the fear of remaining incomplete, where we shared; while for cis people it was reversed, with their need to reman complete and their fear of becoming incomplete.



It still took me some time to ask one of my trans friends for advice, and then another friend, before coming out to my family, who have been very supportive, despite my old fears, coming out to other friends, finding a therapist, finding a support group, going full time ...



But my transition has been so much faster, and so much happier, than my long denial.
My partner remembers always feeling wrong and since coming out to her family there have been snippets showing that she was always girlie. She always got on well with girls too. As is typical though she didn't understand it at first and life got in the way and the need was tucked away. She didn't forget about it and gradually as her situation changed she began to explore her real self and now she is transitioning.
Those were (mostly) wonderful stories!!! What a great way to start a morning.



Good luck everyone and thanks for sharing!