Saturday 24 September 2011

Raising a Daughter: Has it changed your Views on Women?

This question is mainly geared towards men.

I have one litle girl who is about to be 2 yrs old

and she has effected our lives in many ways.



What i wonder is, when men have thier first daughter

and watch her grow up and face challenges specific

to her gender, does it effect his perception of women/girls?

If so how has it changed, and what have you observed

that you didnt know before?



Dont worry i am not a feminist just curious.
Raising a Daughter: Has it changed your Views on Women?
i am constantly afraid somebody might abuse her, little girls are always at risk, so i don't trust anybody or leave her out of my sight ever. i am a man i think about sex, see women and like them so i know the power of attraction from women, think about a sick man and how defendless a child is, don't know how some parents can be so careless to let their daughter walk by themselves, leave them with anybody, etc.
Raising a Daughter: Has it changed your Views on Women?
Hi very interesting question? I've wondered about it too. Actually I am sure their double standards don't change. I.e. Some men continue to tell their teenage daughters not to indulge in matured behaviour whilst they continue their own extra-marital romps, not realising their little young mistresses are the daughters of somebody else as well.



I was also really curious about how mothers feel when they have a daughter. I guess in many societies women hate to have daughters....it's a bit like extending their own hell....creating another loser. That's why in places like China and India it's considered a bad omen. Immediately it is a liability coz of the future dowry etc....I think it is a compassionate form of cruelty to then drown them in the Yellow river etc. Coz they don't want them to experience life as a woman (they will surely know what it's like and it ain't good). No mother will kill their own child if she is certain the child will grow up with a great life.
As a mother - I could go on for days about how each of my children has changed my life so dramatically.... each one in their own way - boys and girls.



But - as a wife - After our first daughter - I saw a softness about my husband that wasn't there before... After our second daughter (who just turned 2) - he's like a pile of mush. With the boys it's different..... He can relate more to them and knows where they are going with things - he's harder on them.